As part of the LOJIQ – Les Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec internship program, the International Federation of Coalitions for Cultural Diversity is recruiting an intern to work as a project manager. This internship will take place from April 26 to July 16, 2021, at a rate of 35 hours per week.
The International Federation of Coalitions for Cultural Diversity (IFCCD) is dedicated to coordinating civil society efforts to implement the UNESCO Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions.
The intern will be responsible for writing a report on civil society participation in the promotion and protection of the diversity of cultural expressions in Asia for the IFCCD. This report is to guide the organization in determining the role that the IFCCD can play in the region to meet the needs of civil society. While part of the project will be based on document analysis, it will primarily be a survey of individuals identified as part of this project. The successful candidate will be required to speak directly with several individuals from different cultures to conduct the survey.
– Be between the ages of 18 and 35
– Canadian citizen or permanent resident
– Have a valid Quebec health insurance card (RAMQ)
– Have completed their studies or all the courses in their academic program and have only the internship to complete before graduation
– Be unemployed or underemployed (hold a part-time job in a field not related to their training)
– Self-employed persons are also eligible
– Have recently obtained or be about to obtain a master’s degree in political science, sociology, communications, international relations, Asian studies or any other field relevant to the mandate
– Be rigorous, curious and have a good analytical mind
– Be flexible and able to meet deadlines
– Be able to work in a team
– Be transparent and have a constructive approach
– Be very autonomous due to the telecommuting context
– Fluency in oral and written French
– Knowledge of an Asian language (an asset)
Financial support from LOJIQ
– A per diem of $350 per week for 12 weeks
– Civil liability insurance coverage
Financial support from the IFCCD
– An allowance of $3,000
Application deadline: April 5, 2021