The project started in 2010, but Creatividad y Cultura Glocal A.C. was officially founded in 2014 with the aim of promoting and disseminating the principles and good practices of the 2005 UNESCO Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions.
The experience of the founders of Creatividad y Cultura Glocal A.C. in the design and coordination of cultural policy projects has brought them closer to civil society. Their work is based on the idea that cultural rights belong to all. By offering technical assistance, designing programmes and projects in partnership with the public and private sectors, their objective is to open up culture to as many people as possible.
Main activities of the organization:
- Conferences and round tables,
- Coordination of collaborative networks,
- Design and implementation of international cultural cooperation projects.
- Promote the culture of citizen participation for the respect and enjoyment of cultural rights;
- Promote collaborative work within the Network;
- Promote the creation of international cultural cooperation projects with an emphasis on Glocal;
- Promote intercultural dialogue through information technology;
- Promote and disseminate the diversity of cultural expressions as well as the principles and good practices of the 2005 UNESCO Convention.