The potential of culture to drive sustainable development is too often unrealised. In a world where resilience, creativity, cohesion and a people-centred approach are more essential than ever, we simply cannot afford to leave culture out in our efforts to respond to global challenges and build a better world.
How can we ensure a higher place for culture on the agenda, and so trigger the necessary shift of paradigm?
The Culture 2030 Goal campaign Mondiacult x ResiliArt event explored how to do this, and the potential for a more explicit prioritisation of culture to make a difference. In doing so, it also offered insights into how we can do better today, both in designing culture policies that support sustainable development, and in designing sustainable development policies that integrate culture fully.
ResiliArt x Mondiacult: Toward a Culture Goal in the Sustainable Development Agenda
Moderators : Jordi Pascual and Ege Yildirim (Culture 2030 Goal Campaign)
- Tokie Brown, Heritage Architect & Cultural Economis at Merging Ecologies
- John Crowley, Chairman & CEO of the PHGD Group
- Carlos Villaseñor, International consultant on cultural policies for sustainable development
- HRH Princess Dana Firas, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural Heritage
- Alexandra Xanthaki, UN Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights