The Swiss Coalition for Cultural Diversity brings together professional cultural organizations, non-governmental organizations and personalities. It is committed to the preservation and protection of cultural diversity, threatened by free trade in the field of international trade.
The Coalition pursues its goals at the national and international levels. In particular, in :
- informing and raising awareness among the public, political and cultural circles;
- intervening with Swiss and international public authorities;
- carrying out monitoring activities;
- encouraging support for international cooperation;
- federating professional or concerned organizations;
- promoting the role of cultural life in Switzerland.
The Swiss coalition currently has 36 member organizations.